Friday 25 June 2021

In Room 10 we have been writing paragraphs about Get you game on

 Get your game on


I woke up excited for the day ahead of me . Because it was get you game on. We usually do it once a term because it's part of our school program.When I arrived at school I was getting ready to go class.Eventually I got inside of class and saw everyone doing their work. After doing work the bell rang for me and my classmates went to go and play. Soon after playing for a few minutes me and my friends went back inside and had our morning tea,So then we went onto the courts.

Eventually while we were waiting we started counting down from ten to one once we finished counting all of the classes that had already come to the courts. After that Mrs Raj, our deputy principal, came and briefed us on our games. I was so excited.Our First game we played was called Lape. It was a samoan game . The Rule of this game is simple:

 it's basically like soft ball but you use your hand to hit the ball.When it was my turn I hit the ball and it went upward but someone catched it from the other side i was determined to try again so when it was my turn again i hit the ball sideways this time and ran my fastest to the four bases and I made but I tripped and hit my knee on the concrete .

The next game we went to was called Rob the nest.The rules are simple there are cones in the middle of the square and we each had to go and pick a cone and bring it back to the homebase once the cones were finished in the middle we had to go to the opposing team and take one cone at a time that’s why it’s called rob the nest.But you had to skip to get to the opposing team cones. When It was my turn I had to skip and I got 1 cone and brought it back to the homebase.

Our last game was a silent ball. I'm pretty sure you're familiar with this game .The rules are you have to sit in a circle while passing A ball around without making any noise . I was seated next to my friends Andronicus and Zion I bet they were the best at the silent ball. When it was my turn I threw the ball to Ezra and he caught it but he talked so he was out. 

When the game was over all of the classes came back to the courts to finish the game.When the game was finished Mrs Raj never announced who was the winner so i guess we will never know.

 


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Bailey my name is Jade, I am a year 8 student at Paihia School. I really like your blog post about “ Get your game on” because it was really interesting to read and I like that you have explained everything you did. I have never done a blog post about “ get your game on ” but I would like to because it seems like an interesting blog post to blog about. If you got to do this again but differently what would you want to change?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia ora Bailey, my name is Angela and I am a year 8 student at Paihia School. I really like your blog post because it was interesting and you added a lot of detail to what you were doing. I think if my school did a day of “get your game on” I would really enjoy it because I would have a lot of fun and I am very energetic. What did you enjoy most about the day?
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bailey, sounds like a fun day for you and your class. I smile when I read your story, picturing me in there too. I would love to learn how to do those games. Well, continue to being and I'm sure it will be like that on every other days. Have fun at school Bailey.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.